About This Policy
For any privacy queries, you can contact us at any time.
Who is responsible for protecting your personal data?
Ermine отвечает за предоставление интерфейсов для работы со смарт-контрактами, продвижение и развитие программных продуктов обеспечивающих виртуальный майнинг.
Websites and mobile apps
In connection therewith, Ermine operates the following websites or mobile apps:
What personal data do we collect, and how do we collect it?
Ermine collects three types of information about you: personal data, special categories of personal data and aggregated/anonymous data (as outlined in this Policy).
Information we collect directly from you
• Information that you personally provide to us when: purchasing our products and services, registering for a Ermine account, subscribing to our mailing lists, completing a survey, competition or taking part in promotional activities, or contacting us via a contact us form, livechat or other means available on our website or mobile app.
• This information will vary depending on the service or package you are purchasing or enquiring about but may include:
- your full name, title, address, date of birth, preferred language, nationality, country of residence, e-mail address, telephone number and other packages related preferences with services;
- your chosen marketing preferences and objections, general enquiry details any other information or messages you may decide to provide to us;
- first name, last name and date of birth for your family members, and their relationship to you, where you have chosen to add your family members’ details to your profile (where this option exists on a particular website or mobile app). If you give us personal information about other people (such as family members or friends), you should make sure you have their permission to do so;
- credit or debit card and transaction details if you store the information or make a payment for our products and services on our website or mobile app (where available), which are provided directly to our payment solution provider via a secured connection. All credit or debit card details and transaction processing adheres to global data security standards to protect cardholder data;
- your cryptocurrency wallet, its address, balance, information about transactions.
Information we collect indirectly
We collect information you give us, information from your use of our products and services and information we get from third parties:
• in some cases, information about you may be provided to us by a third party verbally or in writing. This may also include affiliated companies or partners (for example, your chose nofficial partner Ermine), or where you engage with services that we provide in conjunction with our affiliates or other companies (for example, rewards or loyalty points programs, joint promotions), or social media or technology platforms (for example, by using your Facebook, Google or Apple account login details to sign into our website, mobile app, where such facility is available).
• This information may include some of the same information as which you may have provided directly to us (as referenced within this section 2 above).
Information we collect automatically
• This information includes traffic data, location data, weblogs, communication data and the resources you access; for example, your IP address, device ID, device type, referrer URL, operating system and version, geolocation, browser type and browsing history.
• Information may also be collected through campaign performance and engagement, including but not limited to information such as email opens, push notifications and SMS clicks.
How do we use your personal data?
We will use your personal data for the following reasons:
To respond to you and perform the contract
• We will use your information to process and respond to your requests, reservations or queries, when you register, subscribe or contact us, and to provide access to restricted parts of our websites or mobile apps if required. Where you purchase our services we use your information to enter and perform our contract with you.
To improve our products and services
• We use your information to provide content on our websites and mobile apps in the most effective way. Your information allows us to identify you as a user, remember your preferences and deliver an enhanced digital experience. Such data is not retained beyond your visit of the respective website page or mobile app, but may be kept in log files to allow us to maintain and improve our website or mobile app.
To keep our services secure
• Your information may be used to detect, investigate, prevent fraud and rectify potential errors in our technology and against potential cyber-attacks or other abuse of our technology, and to prevent or mitigate any damages that may have been caused by such abuse.
• While we take steps to maintain the security of your information, you should be aware of the many information security risks that exist and take appropriate care to help safeguard your information.
• If you have provided your consent by opting in to receive personalised updates and offers, we may send you such updates and offers by email, SMS, mobile app notifications (only available via the mobile app where you have opted in to receiving them), Telegram, social media and post, or occasionally contact you by telephone. You may withdraw your consent to receiving such communications at any time by using the [‘unsubscribe’] link in any communication received, by contacting us, or where the particular website or mobile app has the facility to create an account, by changing your marketing preferences within the account management function on the website or mobile app.
• Our servers automatically protocol the consent gathering process to enable us to evidence that you have consented. For this purpose we will store the following information: email address, details of how and when consent was given, details of confirmation email sent and confirmation email clicked; including the date, time and IP address relating to the consent and clicked confirmation link, the wording of the consent and the information about the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
• If you have opted in to hear from other companies in our group or our partners, you may also receive personalised updates and offers from such companies. You may withdraw your consent at any time by using the unsubscribe link in any communication received, by contacting us, or where the particular website or mobile app has the facility to create an account, by changing your marketing preferences within the account management function on the website or mobile app.
Personalised content and services
• Your personal information may be used to understand your customer journey and to provide you with personalised offers or advertisements. These offers or advertisements may be shown to you on our websites or mobile apps or the websites of third parties (for example, your chosen social media platforms).
• Where we have permission to send marketing materials (as set out under Marketing in this section), these personalised offers and advertisements may be included within those updates and will be in accordance with your chosen marketing preferences.
• Please note we do not carry out any automated decision making based on your information.
Promotional or other activities
• If (at your discretion) you decide to take part in any promotional activities such as employee benefits, competitions, surveys or interactive features of our services, your personal data may be processed to administer the activity or enable participation.
• We may notify you of any changes or updates to your current services or subscriptions. For example, security alerts or important support or administration messages about your services or notices of when annual passes are due to expire.
• We may have to process your information to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, where required by applicable laws. Information may be used to:
- enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements, policies, and standards, including investigation of any potential violation thereof;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues;
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law
(including exchanging information with other companies and organisations for such purposes).
• We may use your information for our business purposes; for example, to carry out data analytics to assess consumer demands and trends.
Aggregated or anonymised data
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
In most cases, we process your data at your request in order to enter into a contract with you and to perform our contract obligations (for example, to process your requre). If the processing is not related to a contract, we will process your information on one of the following basis:
• based on your explicit consent for us to do so (for example, when you opted in to our mailing lists or promotions);
• as required to comply with relevant legal or regulatory obligations (for example, to resolve disputes or enforce contracts);
• where processing is mandatory for the establishment, exercise or protection of a right;
• where data is publicly available;
• as required to support the legitimate interests that we have as a business (for example, to carry out market research and analytics, protect against unlawful behaviour or online services (such as prevent fraud by ensuring tickets are in the hands of the purchaser), create a profile regarding your interactions, purchases and interests (such as to inform you of new services or attractions that may be of interest to you) and to further improve and market our products and services), provided always that such processing is carried out in a way that does not violate your fundamental privacy rights.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We may share your information with third parties who provide a service to us. We do this where it is necessary for the service provider to have access to your information and solely for the purpose of them delivering that service to us. An example of this is when you purchase a service from us your payment details are processed by a third party payment solution provider.
Our service providers include:
• IT companies (e.g. hosting providers);
• Payment solution providers;
• Marketing or communication providers;
• Developers and support providers;
• Data analytics providers;
• Survey or market research providers;
• Professional advisers or auditors;
Affiliates and partners
We may need to share your personal data with our partners connected with your request. Such partners include, but are not limited to, a hosting provider, insurance companies, marketplaces NFT, launch sites. We only share the information required to process the request and if the partner does not require any personal data, we do not disclose it.
If you opt in to receiving marketing communications from our affiliates or partners when selecting your marketing preferences on our websites or mobile apps, we will share the information required in order for those affiliates and partners to contact you in the ways you have chosen.
We also share information in connection with services we provide in conjunction with affiliates or partners; for example, to provide rewards or loyalty points programs and other benefits or services that you may wish to make use of.
Other third parties
We may also disclose your personal data:
• internally, including any of the intra-group companies, our holding company and its subsidiaries where it is necessary to perform certain responsibilities efficiently as part of the service provided to you (for example, data may be accessible to certain types of persons involved within the operation of our services from our administration, IT, marketing or legal teams);
• if required by applicable laws or regulations;
• to government or supervisory bodies or agencies in response to their legitimate requests, or where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, even if such disclosure is not mandatory under law;
• if you explicitly requested or authorised us to do so;
• in the event we sell or merge whole or part of any business or assets, we would need to transfer your information to the acquiring company.
We only share the information that is necessary for the required purpose so we do not disclose all of the information you provide to us, and we do not sell, rent or lease your personal information to third parties under any circumstances.
Aggregated or anonymised data may be shared with our service providers, affiliates or other third parties for the purpose of analytics and to improve products and services.
Links to third parties
You may have accessed one of our websites by clicking a link on a third party website; for example, you may have clicked a link on one of our partners’ websites so that you could view package holiday options or theme park tickets, and were then redirected to our website. Similarly, our websites contain links to our partners’ websites.
We also integrate our websites or mobile app with third party products (for example, Google Analytics, Twitter) to enable us to measure the performance of our websites and website content, present personalised offers and enable you to share, like and recommend pages to others via social media.
Transfers outside of the EEA
We process your information outside of the EEA and in some cases, your information may be transferred to and processed by third parties who are also located outside of the EEA.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Whilst we have implemented such measures, we cannot completely guarantee the security of your information; any transmission by you is at your own risk.
Your personal data is stored in a centralised database hosted in the cloud.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password or account details.
Where you chose to click a link to any of the websites of our partners, advertisers and affiliates, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or their security of your personal data. Please check their policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
How you can control your personal data
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data as determined by applicable data protection laws.
If you benefit from the rights of a data subject under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 you will have certain additional rights in relation to our handling of your personal information, including:
You have the right at any time to:
• be informed of the use of your personal data;
• access, rectification or erasure of your personal data;
• restrict and/or object to the processing of your personal data;
• data portability;
• not be subject to any decision based solely on automated processing of your personal data.
If at any time you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any communications we have sent you based upon your selected preferences, you may do so by using the one click unsubscribe link on those communications.
You can also contact us.
If you wish to discuss how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us at any time and we will investigate this. If you are not satisfied with the response or believe we are not processing your data in accordance with the applicable law you can refer the matter to any competent data protection authority.
For any privacy related queries, you may contact us at any time on any of our contact us facilities or support request.
Please note, for your safety and to allow us to make sure that we do not disclose any of your personal data to any unauthorised third parties, we may need to verify your identity and guarantee the adequate exercise of your rights. In doing so, we may request specific information and/or documents from you before we can properly respond to any request received concerning your data. All data and documents received from you in the process of responding to your requests will be used strictly for the purposes of analysing your request, authenticating your identity, and responding to your request in full.
Updated January 13, 2023